ELECTRICAL SAFETY SYSTEMS
Providing your workforce with a safe work environment
Electrical Safety Systems
Safety is not only a legislative and mandatory requirement within Australia; it provides a safe work environment for your workforce, making your workplace one of choice.
Accidents not only affect staff and management, but also impact on your bottom line and the smooth running of the business.
Having an electrical safety management plan is the first step to having an operative, relevant and practical system on which to build quality and effective safety activities which also meet stringent requirements of the Work Health & Safety Act 2011, Regulations and Codes.
Our plans are specifically customised to your business and cover the following issues:
Electrical Safety Services has 20 years’ experience in developing and integrating Electrical Safety Managements Plans – providing all clients, regardless of size and venture, with a tailored, best-fit solution.
Australia’s Legislative Framework
A Model Code of Practice titled “Managing Electrical Risks in the Workplace” was developed by Safe Work Australia to provide practical guidance for all businesses in managing electrical safety in the workplace.
Each state and territory of Australia, with the exception of Victoria, has enshrined this Model Code of Practice into their relevant OH&S Legislation. This has taken legal effect in all of these jurisdictions.
Managing Electrical Risks and enhancing electrical safety in the Workplace provides employers with prescribed management guidelines on Electrical Safety requirements including:
- General electrical safety at the workplace
- The risk management process, Including identifying, assessing and controlling electrical hazards
- Auditing relevant electrical works
- Specific hazard and risk control guidelines
- Inspecting and testing electrical equipment
- Risk controls for working de-energised installations
- The use of Safe Work Method Statements
- Risk controls when working around energised electrical parts
- Electrical personal protective equipment (PPE)
- High voltage electrical work
- Reporting all electrical issues.