GENERAL INDUSTRY TRAINING
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform CPR
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services and report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
Specialist trainer delivered – theory and assessment
As this course contains safety critical information participants must have the ability to read, write and understand English
Subject to a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12 participants per session
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
WH&S Legislation for Training
A person conducting a business or undertaking must ensure, so far as is reasonably practiable, the provision of any information, instruction, training or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety arising from work carried out.
You must ensure that information, training and instruction provided to a worker is suitable and adequate having regard to:
- The nature of the work carried out by the worker
- The nature of the risks associated with the work at the time the information, training or instruction is provided
- The control measures implemented
You must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that the information, training and instruction is provided in a way that is readily understandable by any person to whom it is provided.